Pasta with tuna and olives, dressed with lemon. Delicious warm, room temperature or cold.
Great Summer dish
- 1 lb shell or rigatoni pasta prepared according to package
- 20 Oil cured olives, pitted & chopped
- 4 tbsp pine nuts, (walnuts can be used) lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped or 1 tbsp dried
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped or 1 tbsp dried
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 6 oz cans tuna
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Cook pasta according to package, you’ll want it to be al dente
2. Coarsely chop olives & pine nuts separately
3. In large pasta serving bowl combine olives, nuts, garlic, parsley, basil, olive oil & tuna, mix gently.
4. Place cooked pasta in serving bowl, dress with lemon juice, season with salt & pepper and toss together until pasta is nicely coated.
5. Plate and serve with lemon wedge