Using the flavors of the season this recipe is delicious and easy to prepare and can be made vegetarian by simply removing pancetta from the recipe. Buon Appetito!
- 1 Pound cheese raviolis
- 4 Cups butternut squash peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Ounces pancetta chopped
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion sliced in half moons
- 3 Tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Freshly Ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare Raviolis – and keep warm.
Place, peeled, cubed butternut squash in large bowl and toss with 3 tbsp. olive oil, cinnamon, thyme and salt and pepper.
Line baking sheet with foil and evenly spread butternut squash in single layer, Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, but firm.
In large sauté pan heat 1 tbsp. olive oil cook pancetta until browned remove from pan set aside and keep warm.
In same pan add another tbsp. of olive oil and add red onion cook until caramelized, now add butter and remaining olive oil, cook until light brown, Now add sage cook until lightly toasted, stirring often, add butternut squash, salt & pepper gently toss until coated.
Plate Raviolis and top with squash mixture, pancetta and parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds.