- 4 skinles, boneless chocken breasts- pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 garlic cloves smashed & minced
- 2 Rosemary sprigs- leaves removed, about 2 Tbsp. smashed & minced with garlic
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons - juiced - squeezed halves reserved
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes cut in half lenght-wise
- 1 large cucumber seeded & cut into small cubes
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil cut into ribbions (chiffonade)
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 Cup Ricotta salata cheese - sliced thinly & broken up
- pinch of red pepper flake
Preheat grill to high and brush with oil.
Now using a mallet pound out your chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness. I use plastic wrap to cover chicken when I mallet the breasts out, for less mess, set aside.
Now pile rosemary leaves and garlic on a cutting board and mince and mash into a paste using a large knife.
In a bowl large enough to fit all 4 chicken breasts, combine rosemary & garlic paste with salt, pepper, 2 tbsp. olive oil, Red pepper flakes and lemon juice and mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat. I like to let this sit about 10 minutes before I put it on the grill, so all the flavors penetrate the chicken.
While chicken is marinating prepare salsa in medium size bowl, combine honey, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and White wine vinegar, salt & pepper to taste and mix well. Add cucumber, tomatoes and onion and gently combine, set aside. Right before serving mix in fresh basil and cheese.
Place chicken on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked though (you don’t want to overcook, internal Temp should be 165) now Plate your chicken and top with salsa, serve immediately.