- 3 Large eggs, yolks & whites separated
- 1 Cup Espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Pint strawberries sliced-reserve 4 for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons dark rum
- 8 Ounces Marscarpone cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 Ladyfingers (Italian biscuit)
Combine 3 egg yolks, 1 tbsp. espresso, sugar and rum into large bowl. Beat 2-3 minutes. Add mascarpone and beat 3-5 minutes until smooth.
In another bowl, combine egg whites and a pinch of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into mascarpone mixture.
Quickly dip each ladyfinger into remaining espresso and layer on bottom of small glass dish or individual parfait cups. Arrange the strawberries around and over ladyfingers, spread mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers and strawberries and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with strawberries