One of the Bistro's Favorite Recipes
- 2 14 Ounce cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 Large onion cut into wedges
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Ounces Prosciutto cut into ½ squares add more if you like
- Italian Bread cut into 4 - 1 inch slices
- Pecorino / Romano cheese for garnish
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp or to taste Red Pepper Flakes
Lightly toast bread and set aside.
Large sauté pan heat olive oil to med high heat, add onions and sauté until caramelized, add garlic & prosciutto combine with onions until heated through.
Now add beans, red pepper flakes simmer 5 – 10 minutes on med heat. Place toast on platter cover with bean mixture garnish with fresh Pecorino Romano cheese & parsley.